Published On: Tue, Feb 21st, 2023

Tax code 1257L explained as some Britons could be paying more than needed | Personal Finance | Finance

The Revenue explained: “If your change in circumstances means you have not paid the right amount of tax, you’ll stay on the emergency tax code until you’ve paid the correct tax for the year.”

If a person believes they are on the wrong tax code, they should contact HMRC.

In the case of a new tax code being required, HMRC will issue a revised code to a person’s employer or pension provider. 

There is a way for Britons to check their income tax for the current year, including their tax code and Personal Allowance.

Source link

Most Popular News