Published On: Wed, Feb 22nd, 2023

Nail infection: Woman got toe amputated after catching infection from a pedicure at salon



In February 2019, House and her sister headed to a local nail salon for pedicures. The staff used what appeared to be a clean, disposable liner in the pedicure tub, according to House.

The salon worker removed an ingrown toenail on the large toe of House’s right foot – a practice that’s often done at nail salons.

“They would often see it and get it out,” House said of her ingrown toenail. “I’ve never had an issue with it … but she cut it, and she cut deep. It bled.”

“That’s [my guess] of when bacteria got in,” she added. “I can’t prove it in a court a law, but if I was a betting woman, that would be my bet.”

Over the next few months, her toe became red, painful and puffy, she said.



Source link

Most Popular News